How To Be Single and Happy On Valentines Day
If you feel upset about being single on Valentine’s day then this video is for you. Here are some mindset swaps that will take you from feeling crappy to feeling just fine.
1. Valentine’s day is just another day. The only reason why it’s a big deal is because the retail industry has made it a big deal. It’s really just another excuse to make people feel like they need to buy more crap: This includes low quality chocolates, overpriced flowers and cheesy jewelry. I’m just keeping it real.
2. While happy fulfilled couples do exist, you shouldn’t assume that everybody in a relationship is on cloud 9 because that’s not the case. So doesn’t assume that anybody who has a significant other is better off than you. This leads me to my next point:
3. Happiness doesn’t have anything to do with whether you are single or in a relationship. It’s something that you create and experience. So be sure that you have a mindset that is conducive to you being happy no matter what. One of the ways that you can do this is by practicing gratitude for all the love that you do have in your life including your family and friends. And if you don’t have many family and friends then it’s time to start meeting new people and start forging new meaningful relationships.
4. Unlike what everybody else tells you, don’t try to feel better by bingeing on a bunch of Valentine’s day candy. You’ll only feel like crap after and it’s so bad for you. If you decide to have a few bites of something, ok, have it and have it on your terms but after that, feel comfortable saying that’s it. That’s enough. Nothing you eat will ever really help with anything emotional in the long run so don’t fall into that trap.
5. If you want to do something special on Valentine’s day than make it a “Love Myself” day by treating yourself. You could do this in a variety of different ways including: Working out, either by going to the gym, doing yoga or going for a hike. You could also give yourself a nice candlelight bath with some essential oils for aromatherapy, maybe even go get massage. Cooking yourself a really healthy dinner is also another great idea…
6. If you have other single friends make it a Happy single day. Have all your single friends bring a dish, hang out, play games and maybe even rent a movie. Another option for Valentine’s day is that you and all your single friends go out to dinner on that day… I do want to remind you that on Valentine’s day, at least in LA, restaurants tend to get really expensive since they offer special menus that include wine and such and on top of that traffic is miserable. One year my then boyfriend and I tried to get to West Hollywood from Santa Monica for dinner reservations at a nice French restaurant. Since it was a special day, they had asked that he reserve it with his credit card so we were really hustling to get there. Unfortunately for us, traffic was so horrible that we didn’t even get halfway before we had already past our reservation time and he had lost his money… so you may want to think twice about going out on that day unless it’s a local spot that isn’t going to gouge you.
Borrow these mindsets and you will find yourself in a much better mental space. To sum it all up… we humans in general decide what we give meaning to. Whether we realize it or not, it’s us who decides. Some things are worth focusing on and others, like this one day that is of no consequence to you, really isn’t, so realize that you have much more say in how you feel than what you had probably realized.
Find my video helpful, if so then by all means, give it a like. And if you haven’t already done so make sure that you go to my website and sign up for my newsletter because I’m going to be launching my new hypnotherapy, coaching and more website that is going to include a program for singles. The moment that it’s ready, I’ll email you to let you know that it’s ready for you. Bye for now.